Dave and Ken discuss the last month, why we need shows and the correct way to hang toilet paper.
Hosted by HPR Volunteers on 2016-09-05 is flagged as Explicit and is released under a CC-BY-SA license.
Tags: Community News.
Listen in ogg,
mp3 format. | Comments (3)
A monthly look at what has been going on in the HPR community. This is a regular show scheduled for the first Monday of the month.
Welcome to our new host:
Last Month's Shows
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes
place on the Mail List which is open to all
HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the
archive and the Mailman archive.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows
released during the month or to past shows.
There are 32 comments in total.
There are 8 comments on 4 previous shows:
There are 24 comments on 12 of this month's shows:
- hpr2086 (2016-08-01) "HPR Community News for July 2016" by HPR Volunteers.
- Comment 1: Tony Hughes on 2016-08-03: "Whats in My Bag"
- hpr2088 (2016-08-03) "How my wife's grandma got me into linux." by Knightwise.
- Comment 1: Tony Hughes on 2016-08-03: "HPR 2088"
- Comment 2: Steve on 2016-08-03: "HPR 2088"
- Comment 3: knightwise on 2016-08-04: "Yeey Steve ! "
- Comment 4: other_Steve on 2016-08-24:"[no title]"
- hpr2089 (2016-08-04) "Solving a blinkstick python problem" by MrX.
- Comment 1: Dave Morriss on 2016-08-13: "Great show"
- hpr2090 (2016-08-05) "A Docker Dialog" by Thaj Sara.
- Comment 1: b-yeezi on 2016-08-08: "More interviews"
- Comment 2: Thaj on 2016-08-17: "Thanks!"
- hpr2091 (2016-08-08) "Everyday Unix/Linux Tools for data processing" by b-yeezi.
- Comment 1: Jonathan Kulp on 2016-08-08: "Ack!"
- Comment 2: Ken Fallon on 2016-08-17: "I love detox "
- Comment 3: Dave Morriss on 2016-08-19: "Thanks for mentioning 'ack'"
- Comment 4: ivor on 2016-08-21: "Interesting"
- hpr2093 (2016-08-10) "GNU Health" by Dave Morriss.
- Comment 1: Clinton Roy on 2016-08-09:"[no title]"
- hpr2094 (2016-08-11) "Custom Keystrokes for Desktop Navigation on Gnome" by Jon Kulp.
- Comment 1: Dave Morriss on 2016-08-24: "Using grep in a script"
- Comment 2: Jon Kulp on 2016-08-25: "Good tip"
- Comment 3: Dave Morriss on 2016-08-25: "grep -q"
- hpr2095 (2016-08-12) "23 - SSL Certificates - How They Work" by Ahuka.
- Comment 1: Ken Fallon on 2016-08-18: "Not allowed in the EU"
- Comment 2: Kevin O'Brien on 2016-08-19: "Different in EU"
- hpr2096 (2016-08-15) "Useful Bash functions - part 2" by Dave Morriss.
- Comment 1: Ken Fallon on 2016-08-18: "Here's me with the questions"
- Comment 2: Dave Morriss on 2016-08-18: "Some answers for you..."
- hpr2097 (2016-08-16) "New Toys" by Tony Hughes AKA TonyH1212.
- Comment 1: Tony Hughes on 2016-08-05: "New Toys"
- Comment 2: Frank on 2016-08-19:"[no title]"
- hpr2106 (2016-08-29) "My Podcast Client" by MrX.
- Comment 1: Dave Morriss on 2016-08-31: "I had forgotten hpodder"
- hpr2107 (2016-08-30) "Makefiles for Everyday Use" by Jon Kulp.
Comment #1 posted on 2016-09-05T07:29:36Z by Tony Hughes
Hi Guys you wanted to know about the auction I use to buy my Computer equipment from. The company is called Northern Realisations they specialise in disposing of old corporate stock no longer required and much of what they sell goes into the refurbishment market. But they have a public auction once a month in Bolton in the UK.
Comment #2 posted on 2016-09-07T07:30:51Z by kdmurray
Ken was looking for a name for the episodes that people record out in the world rather than in the studio. The name I'm familiar with is a "Soundseeing Tour."
These are always great because of their ambient nature and that they provide a unique perspective on the subject by recording it on location.
This might be a good series too !
Comment #3 posted on 2016-09-07T18:19:17Z by Ken Fallon
Love Audio tours
<< First, < Previous, Next >, Latest >>
Note to Verbose Commenters
If you can't fit everything you want to say in the comment below then you really should record a response show instead.
Note to Spammers
All comments are moderated. All links are checked by humans. We strip out all html. Feel free to record a show about yourself, or your industry, or any other topic we may find interesting. We also check shows for spam :).