In this episode, Dave records an episode across his entire commute into work.
Hacker Public Radio episodes by me so far:
- hpr1890 :: A short walk with my son on 2015-10-30
- hpr2117 :: What's in my bag for Podcrawl? on 2016-09-13
How am I recording
I'm recording this episode, in my car, on a Samsung Galaxy A5 with a Neewer lavalier microphone (as recommended by HPR's own Jon Kulp) attached to my jacket, recording using the Auphonic Edit Android app (also on iOS).
Post-recording, I also ran the audio recorded using AuphonicEdit to the Auphonic website for levelling.
My portable podcasting setup
- Google Pixel C
- USB C to USB A OTG adapter (link to example, not the actual one I have)
- Samson Q2U USB/XLR microphone* (equivalent to the AudioTechnica ATR2100USB)
As an aside*
Both Caroline and I use that particular microphone each to record The Bugcast each week. Both the Samson and AudioTechnica microphones have been recommended by Daniel J Lewis of The Audacity To Podcast for those podcasters who cannot afford professional level equipment.
The cars I have owned
This list may contradict the detail provided in the episode... that's because I may have made a few errors in recollection when I was recording.
- Red 1979(V) Mk 1 Ford Fiesta 1.1e
- Metallic Blue 1987(E) Austin Metro 1.3
- Dark Blue 1993(L) Suzuki Swift 1.4
- Burgundy 1986(D) Austin Metro 1.0
- White 1994(M) Vauxhall Cavalier 1.6
- Red 1988(F) Peugeot 205 1.4 XS
- White 1989(G) Peugeot 205 1.1 GR
- Red 1991(J) Vauxhall Astra 1.7D
- Metallic Blue 2001(Y) Peugeot 206 1.4
- Silver 1999(V) Vauxhall Vectra 1.6 Automatic Estate/Station Wagon (became the wife's car)
- Red 1995(N) Nissan Almera 1.4
- Red 1999(T) Vauxhall Corsa (the wife's car)
- Blue/Lilac 2004(04) Volkswagen Lupo 1.7 SDi (mine is actually the colour shown in the wiki article)
- Metallic Dark Grey 2012(12) Peugeot 308 1.6 (the family car)
I also guested on:
- From Conisbrough to New Ollerton (rough location map)
- roughly 28 miles
- roughly 36 minutes