Welcome to our new host:
Last Month's Shows
Comments this month
These are comments which have been made during the past month, either to shows released during the month or to past shows. There are 18 comments in total.
There is 1 comment on 1 previous show:
- hpr2807 (2019-05-07) "Are bash local variables local?" by clacke.
Dave Morriss on 2019-06-06:
"Thanks for this"
I would have commented on the Community News show but couldn't make it due to my audio being messed up!
I really appreciated this episode because it made me realise I was a bit unclear about the issues.
The first language I learnt was Algol 60 (around 1970), and later used Pascal a lot. The Algol course was as a Biology undergraduate where they were trying to make us appreciate how we could use computers in our subject. (This was way before Bioinformatics, so we were mainly writing statistical stuff and learning how to plot results).
Anyway, these languages exposed me to lexical scoping, as you mentioned, and I guess I haven't really reflected on the nuances of dynamic scoping since then.
So, thanks for the eye-opener ;-)
- Comment 1: Dave Morriss on 2019-06-06: "Thanks for this"
This month's shows
There are 17 comments on 8 of this month's shows:
- hpr2827 (2019-06-04) "Unscripted ramblings from my garage about my first CTF event" by Christopher M. Hobbs.
- Comment 1: Christopher M. Hobbs on 2019-05-30: "event cancellation"
- Comment 2: tuturto on 2019-06-04: "sorry to hear about cancellation"
- hpr2829 (2019-06-06) "Discussion around fair use clips on HPR" by Various Hosts.
- hpr2830 (2019-06-07) "HPR NYE Show 2018-2019 part 1" by Honkeymagoo.
- Comment 1: folky on 2019-06-10: "plumble is better than I thought."
- Comment 2: folky on 2019-06-10: "More %"
- Comment 3: Dave Morriss on 2019-06-10: "Missing '%' in date command"
- hpr2831 (2019-06-10) "Interview with Robbie Ferguson" by Yannick.
- Comment 1: b-yeezi on 2019-06-10: "Just what I was looking for "
- hpr2832 (2019-06-11) "How I got started in Linux" by Shannon Wright.
- Comment 1: NYbill on 2019-06-11: "Welcome!"
- hpr2833 (2019-06-12) "Jeroen chats with Joep Piscaer" by Jeroen Baten.
- Comment 1: Ahuka on 2019-06-14: "Great show!"
- hpr2837 (2019-06-18) "parallax live desktops in android" by operat0r.
- Comment 1: norrist on 2019-06-18: "I like this kind of episode."
- hpr2839 (2019-06-20) "Sample episode of the Distrohoppers Digest podcast" by Ken Fallon.
- Comment 1: Mike Ray on 2019-06-20: "Accessibility"
- Comment 2: Bob on 2019-06-20: "reply to Mike"
- Comment 3: Mike Ray on 2019-06-20: "Accessibility and non-English character sets"
- Comment 4: Tony Hughes on 2019-06-21: "Responce to Mike and Bob"
- Comment 5: Bob on 2019-06-23: "I wasn't serious"
- Comment 6: Mike Ray on 2019-06-25: "Accessibility"
Mailing List discussions
Policy decisions surrounding HPR are taken by the community as a whole. This discussion takes place on the Mail List which is open to all HPR listeners and contributors. The discussions are open and available on the HPR server under Mailman.
The threaded discussions this month can be found here:http://hackerpublicradio.org/pipermail/hpr_hackerpublicradio.org/2019-June/thread.html
With the kind permission of LWN.net we are linking to The LWN.net Community Calendar.
Quoting the site:
This is the LWN.net community event calendar, where we track events of interest to people using and developing Linux and free software. Clicking on individual events will take you to the appropriate web page.
Any other business
Tags and Summaries
Thanks to the following contributor for sending in updates in the past month: Tony Hughes
Over the period tags and/or summaries have been added to 6 shows which were without them.
If you would like to contribute to the tag/summary project visit the summary page at https://hackerpublicradio.org/report_missing_tags.php and follow the instructions there.